20 VASTU TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Here are 20 powerful methods for converting your living or working spaces into Sacred Space.
- Bring Akash tattva inside. Create Space, throw away clutter. Decorate your space with flowers and plants. Open doors and windows to allow in plenty of sunshine.
- Bring Vayu tattva inside. Light incense sticks or cones. Burn plenty of natural aromatic herbs like the following:
- Sandalwood Powder
- Jataamaansi – Nardostachys jatamansi
- Guggal – Myrrh
- Loban – Frankincense
Sprinkling them over over hot coals will generate a fragrant, dense smoke which will spread into the atmosphere. It will disintegrate any negative vibrations and create a harmonious effect in the air. This smoke is also believed to remove effect of any evil eye.
- Bring Agni tattva inside.
- Burn Camphor in a pot and take it to all parts of the house. and take its flame
- Perform aarti in the house.
- Periodically light lamps and candles in the house.
Bring Jal tattva into the house. Instead of vaccum cleaning start mopping the floor. Add a little sea salt to the mopping water.
- Bring Prithvi tattva inside. This tattva is associated with aroma. Use sandalwood paste. Wear fragrance. A good idea is to opt for Indian itra or Attar which is organic and far better than deodorants or perfumes. These are essential oils derived from plants and earth into a wood base such as sandalwood and then aged from one to ten years. The choice of itra changes with the season:
|Summer||Motiya (Jasmine), Chandan, Gulab, Mogro, Khus (Vettivar), Juhi, Champa, Chameli, Sondha|
|Monsoon||Kadamb, Kevada, Paandi, Mitti|
|Winter||Kesar (Saffron), Kasturi(Musk), Heena, Ambar|
|Spring/Autumn||Kesar, Sondho, Gulab|
|Round the year||Chameli (Jasmine), Juhi, Parijat, Sondha|
- Install a Main Door which has 2 leaves and 4 sided frame including a threshold. Anyone entering the house should cross the threshold to enter.
- Install Dwar Ganapati. Dwar Ganapati stops negative energies and negative occult forces from entering the house.
- Draw a Swastik on the right side and left side of the main entrance.
- Bring nature and life into the house. Add indoor plants, clay pots, cotton rugs, woven accessories, shells, fresh flowers, aquarium, small fountains etc.
- Say NO to Plastics and stop the use of plastic items in the house to the maximum possible extent. Plastic is carcogenic and causes cancer.
- Avoid the use of Room Air Fresheners. Most of them contain harmful chemicals . Tests conducted by the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) found that most air fresheners contain phthalates, which among other things interfere with male hormone production. A study conducted by University of Washington found that all air fresheners tested emitted chemicals known to be carcinogenic.
- Avoid the use of Asbestos in the house. Asbestos is a known carcinogenic material.
- Do not walk with outdoor footwear inside the house. Take them off before entering the house.
- Keep the Brahmasthan free.
- Always sleep with your feet facing North.
- Do not use a Toilet seat which faces East.
- Do not work, eat or sleep under a beam.
- Perform Hawan at least once a year in your house.
- Cowry is a symbol of Goddess Lakshmi. For prosperity keep in your cash box 11 cowries dyed in turmeric.
- Hang Cowries or a Windchime on the Main door if it has another Door in its front,if it has a a T-road hitting it, if the corner of another house faces the Main Door, if the Main Door is obstructed by a tree or a pillar, if the Main Door is shadowed by another building etc.
- In Puja keep the Deity in a manner that it faces either West or South. When performing the Puja sit facing the deith.